Benifits include but not limited to :
- Asthma. Research shows that taking black seed by mouth along with asthma medicines can improve coughing, wheezing, and lung function in some people with asthma. But it seems to work only in people with very low lung function before treatment. And it does not seem to work as well as the drugs theophylline or salbutamol.
- Diabetes. Early research shows that taking black seed powder can improve blood sugar levels in people with diabetes. Black seed might also improve levels of cholesterol in people with diabetes. Doses of 2 grams daily seem to be needed for any benefit.
- High blood pressure. Research shows that taking black seed by mouth might reduce blood pressure by a small amount.
- To improve sperm function. Research shows that taking black seed oil increases the number of sperm and how quickly they move in men with infertility.
- Breast pain Research shows that applying a gel containing black seed oil to the breasts during the menstrual cycle reduces pain in women with breast pain.